Hi, Gerv,

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Gervase Markham wrote:
> For some time, the Mozilla Foundation has been taking part in a group
> called the CA/Browser Forum (CABF), an association of the major
> public-facing CAs and all the major browser-makers except Apple. See
> http://www.cabforum.org/ , which went up recently.

I have looked over the draft guidelines at

    http://cabforum.org/EV_Certificate_Guidelines_-_Draft_10-2...pdf

(yes, the extra dots look weird but seem to be correct) and my first
question is this:

The first primary purpose of an EV certificate is to identify the
legal entity that controls a website.

Clearly individuals control the vast majority of websites.  So why
are individuals forbidden to get EV certificates?

-- ?!ng