Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:
> Heikki Toivonen wrote:
>> On the principle, but perhaps we want different things present by default.
>>
> Well, obviously, if a green address bar is enough default information
> for you, than we disagree...

I've never said what exactly I want in the UI. Green bar alone is not
enough.

>> If they were using EV certificate, I
>> would be more confident that they are a real company at least, and I
>> could get their real contact information in case of problems.
>>
> Sure, but since you are a casual user (just pretending for a minute) you
> would know NOTHING, except that the address bar is green....WOW...

Green bar alone is not enough, and I don't think anyone has claimed that
alone is enough. I believe even IE7 displays some additional information
(country? company name?), but I haven't actually tried IE7 myself yet so
I don't know for sure.

--
  Heikki Toivonen