Ben Bucksch wrote:

Clark's Shoes, xxx Foo Boot and Shoe Corp.
(with xxx standing for some abbreviation which means the reverse of dba).

They should definitely be separate fields. Both for general format design, and because the "dba" won't be understood *at all* by non-US/UK people, and probably not even the concept. I would have thought "dba" is a form of corporation like "Inc." or "GmbH", so not even looked it up. I was very confused first time I saw it, even though I had context.
Ben, why bother....?!?! As Gerv indicated, we are not going to /throw/ information at users...there is no need to display anything about the certificate, since details in the certificate will be only looked up and used, in case of fraud happens...(quoting Gerv from a previous thread). So what does it matter if you write it this or that way? It's not intended for the user anyway....

Maybe we should get rid of the subject line in digital certificates at all and omit any details, since the user is to stupid to read it! Anyway the user can't make a decision if he wants to trust a web site or not....so maybe we should use just an identification number which could be used to contact the CA in case of fraud...

(This comment is ironic, should anybody have missed it. But I hope I could make my point)

--
Regards

Signer:      Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Phone:       +1.213.341.0390