Gervase Markham wrote:

> Right. But allowing this makes it possible for the identity presented to
> not be the identity of the owner of the content.

Correct!
> That might actually lead to the idea that we should require that all the
> content comes from the same company (O field). But that would be fairly
> extreme.

Oh no! There can be multiple certs issued by the same/different CAs and
different levels with exactly the same organization name. That's not a
good idea in my opinion, even if the different certificates indeed would
belong to the same owner - we'd like to know if something on the same
site is served by a different level then claimed originally.

--
Regards

Signer:      Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]