On Jun 7, 4:47 pm, Nils Maier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * a lot of reinvent the wheel code is in there, like getHostFromURL
> (instead of using nsIURI/nsIURL/nsIEffectiveTLDService).
>
> * A regex-based homebrown html parser. I wonder how good it is, how good
> it will get... Bad people are known th be quiet creative when it comes
> to finding ways to obscure injections...

Thank you for your interest and scrutiny here, Nils.  As I mentioned
in my reply to Gerv, the add-on is only a proof-of-concept hack and
differs greatly from the approach Mozilla would likely take in a
permanent implementation.  A regex-based HTML and script parser was a
quick and dirty way to get the job done.  We have thousands of
developer hours already invested in our HTML and XML parsers.  I would
not want to reimplement any of that code when it's already been so
rigorously tested.

> * clean = this.data.replace(/google/ig,'yahoo'); Huh? Prototyping, eh? ;)
>
> * this.status = "On" | "Off"... What happened to booleans?

Yep, thanks for pointing these out.  Both have been fixed and the add-
on package updated.

> Maybe you should get in touch with Giorgio of noscript fame. He is very
> knowledgable in this area and furthermore I think it might be
> interesting to implement this in noscript as well to some extent.

I am sure that Giorgio will be involved in the design/implementation.
He has already provided some useful comments on a few of the
discussions I have seen.

Thanks,
Brandon