Terri wrote:
> There's no way for the
> external content provider to say "no, that's an action-causing script,
> we don't let other people use that" on requests that are "safe".

That's right - because if there was, we'd have to do checks on every
cross-domain request a page made. And the performance impact of all the
HEAD requests would be significant.

If the implementation were to switch from that to a single policy file,
such as crossdomain.xml, then that problem would be eliminated - but a
set of different problems would be created.

Again, I think we need to focus on the fact that SSP is a
belt-and-braces approach. If you use sensible coding practices, it helps
you when there's a slip-up. If you do non-idempotent operations using
GET, then (the current formulation, at least) doesn't help you.

Gerv