Bil Corry wrote:
> Giorgio Maone mentioned CSP on the OWASP Intrinsic Security list[1]
> and I wanted to provide some feedback.
>
> (1) Something that appears to be missing from the spec is a way for
> the browser to advertise to the server that it will support Content
> Security Policy, possibly with the CSP version.

That's intentional. CSP is a backstop solution, not front-line security.
If you are depending on the presence of CSP, as the lolcats say, U R
Doin It Wrong.

> (2) Currently the spec allows/denies based on the host name, it might
> be worthwhile to allow limiting it to a specific path as well.  For
> example, say you use Google's custom search engine, one way to
> implement it is to use a script that sits on www.google.com (e.g.
> http://www.google.com/coop/cse/brand?form=cse-search-box&lang=en).
> By having an allowed path, you could prevent loading other scripts
> from the www.google.com domain.

For this and the next one, I'll wait for bsterne to reply, as he's doing
the implementation and speccing work.

> (3) Currently the spec focuses on the "host items" -- has any thought
> be given to allowing CSP to extend to sites being referenced by "host
> items"?  That is, allowing a site to specify that it can't be embedded
> on another site via frame or object, etc?  I imagine it would be
> similar to the Access Control for XS-XHR[2].

I would suspect that would be out of scope.

Gerv