On Nov 21, 3:37 pm, Boris Zbarsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Sorry, I must be missing something. I have been setting the .src of an
> > IFRAME to the cross-domain URL which gives the calling javascript the
> > HTML of the target so it can then generate the DOM structure. That is
> > what has worked fine with the user_pref settings above.
>
> > If, instead, I oculd do an XHR GET, that would be preferable. Is that
> > the distinction you are looking for?
>
> > If that is still insufficient for you, please tell me what you are
> > looking for that makes a difference in the way the user_prefs should
> > now be set.
>
> I'm looking for the exact function call that's failing (the name, the
> object it's a function on), together with a description (ideally
> copy/paste) of the exception that's thrown.
>
> I mean, are you doing parent.userDefinedFunction(window.document)?  Are
> you doing childFrame.document.innerHTML from the parent frame?
> Something else?
>
> -Boris
>
> P.S. Please readhttp://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html?

Great paper. I want to refer others to it.

I think we have been a little bit on different wavelengths. I presumed
that what I was seeing was a common issue that others already had a
solution for, and that it was not necessarily a bug. So this is great,
we're finally on the same wavelength.

To get to your specifics, the approach is the latter of your two
above. The specific code is:
 document.getElementById
(IFRAMEnum).contentDocument.documentElement.innerHTML