On Nov 24, 8:01 pm, Boris Zbarsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > So the problem must be in my code not a
> > regression with the upgrade, but the upgrade appears to have broken my
> > formerly working script.
>
> That would be a bug; point releases shouldn't be breaking web-facing
> functionality (unless it's depending on a security hole, of course).

And I don't think that was the case. You have seen the prefs I used
and the core of the code.

> > What I found was that 2.0.0.17 and .18 both on XP will work properly.
> > With version 2.0.0.18 on Vista a number of readyStatus == 3 are shown
> > but a readyState == 4 is never reached.
>
> That's quite odd.  I'm not aware of anything we do differently there
> based on the Windows version.

You probably don't. The problem may be Vista. But I also would not
rule out the impact of switching back and forth between 2.0.0.17 ->
2.0.0.18 -> 3.0.4 -> 2.0.0.17 -> 2.0.0.18. You would know if that is a
clue or irrelevant.

I can tell you that 2.0.0.18 on Vista (but not XP) is now hanging on
doing an XHR from the same origin server. I need to look into that.
That sounds more like the effect of the installations than in the
2.0.0.18 version itself. If I Uninstall, I would lose Bookmarks
wouldn't I.

> Is this what was causing the problem you ran into when upgrading to
> 2.0.0.18?

No, this is strictly XHR difference between XP and Vista both using
2.0.0.18. When I upgraded I was using the IFRAME.src method. We have
proven that there was something in my code that was treated
differently and broke, but that it is possible to get it to work
right. I will let you know when/if I find out what that was, but it
may take a while.