* Eddy Nigg:

> I believe this to be a mistake for various reasons, but first and
> foremost because an attack on a server without compromise of the
> client data as well, is basically useless. When a attacker induces
> renegotiation at the server, the attacker must have client credentials
> in order to act as if he were the original client. Without those
> credentials, the attacker would be treated as any other
> unauthenticated source.
>
> When a client (as in our case Firefox) implements RFC 5746, the client
> can't be compromised and no data is leaked from the client.

This is factually incorrect.  The victim client might still send
authentication data to the server which ends up in a different context
(because the attacker has preloaded a crafted message prefix into the
server), where it is accessible to the attacker and can later be used
to impersonante the victim client.

I think this has even been demonstrated for the Twitter web service.