<for the record, I know this idea is kinda out there but I usually
like making dumb suggestions>

Why not hash the auth with a salt and then send H(nonce,auth token) to
the server? Thus the server if the auth token is really important can
generate them if needed - but the attacker can't easily generate the
auth token back from the data in report-uri.

imho, this is no worse than suppressing the auth as Brandon proposed.

cheers
devdatta