Thank you for all the help (here and in the comments of the bug
report). It seems the implementation of the about: pages is worth
looking at.

It seems I unintentionally found something which is even a bigger
security issue than I thought and I'm glad I could .... well "help"
does not seem to be the right word.... but let's say, made the right
people aware of it ;)

I wish I could have been a bit more helpful, but I haven't had time to
really get into Firefox' security concept/model/whatever is
appropriate name (maybe I could have even reported it to the security
bug bounty program if I had done it right ;)).

Anyway, good luck with fixing that!

Best,
Felix