On 13/04/11 18:54, Stephen Schultze wrote:
I don't totally understand your point about addons and graphics drivers.
I guess I'm just not familiar enough with the codebase there.

Sorry. What I meant was, the current plan is to leverage the existing system where Firefox pings us every day to download a blacklist of addon UIDs and graphics drivers. So if you wanted to implement your own system, you would need to change the URL pinged, which means you would also need to provide those blacklists (or deprive your users of them).

reserving a bit for them. All of this, plus the fact that it is an
experimental draft, make me believe that it is not optimal for building
current functionality on top of.

Then again, as I understand it, an RR type has been allocated for CAA experimentation, whereas DANE is quite a way from having their system and wire formats locked down. Is that right?

Gerv