On 23/06/11 00:37, Nelson B wrote:
> Everybody?
>
> Why isn't this discussion at least cross posted to dev.tech.crypto
> where the NSS people hang out?

My apologies. It was posted both in mozilla.dev.security and
mozilla.dev.security.policy, which is where discussion has been going on
regarding the recent CA security breaches.

There was at least one NSS developer (Bob Relyea) at the meeting, and
Kai was there too.

The meeting was also trailled at the open meeting we had the previous
day, which was widely publicised, and which had representation from
several companies and CAs. We tried to get dial-in available bit it
didn't work in the chosen room; however, no-one reported not being able
to attend for this reason.

>> After the few meetings and a couple of hours of discussion in the last
>> two days, we've made a short list of desired upgrades for NSS/PSM for
>> the near term.  This message should hopefully serve as a summary of the
>> technical bits that -- based on the discussions -- seemed most urgent.
>
> Who "we", white man?  Seriously, we are the "we" who had these meetings?

Meeting attendees I can remember were:

Sid Stamm
Brian Smith
Lucas Adamski
Chris Hofmann
Kai Engert
Bob Relyea
Gervase Markham

I think there were several other people there, but my memory is failing me.

> I can tell you there are NSS developers who never heard about this until now.

I apologise if we have under-communicated.

Gerv