On Mar 15, 2012, at 12:16 PM, lkcl luke wrote:

> Some time ago, Paul wrote this:
>
>> How do domains which install themselves as Web Apps fit into this model?  Is
>> there perhaps a default lower set of permissions that websites can install
>> themselves with - basically the same types as websites, except that with
>> apps permissions might be able t get "prompt to remember" instead of just
>> "prompt"?)
>
> paul, hi,
>
> what do you mean "domains which install themselves as Web Apps?"

Pages which call navigator.mozApps.install(<their own URL>)  rather than be
installed from a trusted store.

I believe that the idea is that they just won't be a trusted store, so they
won't get sensitive permissions. Response from a previous email was:

>Such store's generally won't be trusted. So those stores will work
>just fine, however they won't be able to install apps which need SMS
> privileges.

I.e. this wouldn't be for internal phone apps (gaia-esque) but for more web
page style apps, that want the installed app user experience, but don't need
sensitive permissions and so don't need to go through a store. Or that is how I
understood it.

I'll make a note on this in the wiki.