The concern Gerv and Adam are raised are for active network attackers.
Someone using Firesheep hasn't really compromised the connection; but
is only looking at the traffic. That said, we don't know if this is a
real problem. Maybe this is good enough for the current active network
attackers. If so, it is still useful.

Re Yvan's point
> If you mean malware as in something running on the computer, then the entire
> issue is a moot point.

I was talking about malware running on the computer. I am not sure it
is moot; storing all the user's data in a single place for `security'
has a certain creep factor and makes the job of malware easier.  I
think Mark was bringing up a related point when he talked about
"offline attacks" being easier.

-dev