> I don't think that's a deal-breaker, it's a one-time mild annoyance at worst.
> Make it a flag (pref) handled by Sync, and when you use
> Sync to pull in your existing stuff it's a non-issue.

Do you have a number on how many Sync users Mozilla has (vs. total
users)?  It is not a one-time mild annoyance for anyone that has
multiple profiles, or uses lots of computers, or uses multiple
profiles. Without any numbers, I don't think we should make calls on
how much of an annoyance it is/isn't.

For an attack, that is only exploited for 1 website, in a corner
case*, you want to set it up so that ALL web developers have to face
this annoyance, everytime they use a new profile, or a new computer,
or a new firefox install, on ALL websites? Maybe the costs outweigh
the benefits ?

Further, if you are interested in solving this because it is being
actively exploited, why not just disable the address bar self-xss? If
telemetry suggests that developer tools are becoming a target, you can
disable that later.

=dev

*Out of the 850M active users on FB, afaik, it is not that many
who actually get affected by this