On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Paul Theriault <ptheria...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> So long as this is easily user configurable, then I don't see this as a huge
> risk. Rather than heuristics, how about just giving the user an easily
> accessible interface to disable vibration for a given domain (maybe show the
> vibrate icon in the status bar, tapping brings up a dialog that allows
> disable vibration for this domain).
>
> Which makes me think we do actually need a permission for vibration, even if
> it is granted by default.

We don't currently give users the ability to disallow audio from a
given domain.  Maybe you'd argue we should!  (You might be right.  :)
But until we do that, I don't think there's any need to give users an
"easily-configurable" way to disable vibration by domain, especially
since audio will play in background tabs, but vibration won't.

Just close the tab/app if it's vibrating like heck.  I feel like
anything else may be over-engineering this.