Hi Sid,

On 08/06/12 23:02, Sid Stamm wrote:
> == System Attributes ==
>
> * List Size: roughly 300 domains and 100 app signers in whitelist (small)

Taking Google's whitelist daily and removing warnings for domains and
signers on the whitelist seems like a fairly obvious win. It reduces
warning fatigue, with no privacy implications.

The only risk is false-whitelisting. But given that I'm sure pretty much
everyone clicks through the current warnings, I don't see that as a big
problem.

> * Average Chrome users download about 2 binaries per day.

That's 700+ per year! What on earth are all these binaries?

> * ~ 8% of files downloaded by users are executables (and subject to this
> new system)

"Executable" is determined by file extension?

I think if we can implement Henri's suggestion of an SSL connection
bouncer which anonymizes the requests to Google, that would go a long way.

Gerv