On 8/16/12 3:45 PM, Sid Stamm wrote:
I commented in the bug, but I guess I should have commented here first.

Just because we have three states in the code doesn't nessisarily mean
we need three states in the UI.

I think the choices to the user remain the same.

     Tell websites:
     " * I do not want to be tracked
     " * I'm ok with advertisers tracking and retaining my web use across
     many sites and providing targeted content"

Leaving those two unchecked reflects the user hasn't made a choice or
has no interest in the topic.
The problem is: how do you "uncheck" a radio button?  The only way I
know how to do that is with a third radio button that's "dunno" or
similar.  I think if we go with radios, there must be three.  We could
get creative, but the front-end team seemed really interested in doing
radios for this.

-Sid
If it has to be 3 then I'd recommend

Tell websites:
    "  [ ] I do not want my use of the the web tracked by advertizers
    "  [ ] I'm ok with advertisers tracking and retaining my web use across many
sites and providing targeted content"

" [ * ] I haven't made choice, or I'm not interested in the topic of web site tracking"