Brian,

If this is just about changing the UI in Firefox, I have no objection.

If this is about removing the feature from NSS altogether on the other hand, I would like to state that we have several several products at Oracle that use NSS and rely on the ability to have CRLs stored in the database, and processed during certificate validation. These applications act as both SSL servers and clients, and we expect the CRLs to be supported in both.

While some Oracle products are moving away from NSS, old versions continue to be supported and we are picking up new NSS releases to get certain security fixes. We couldn't do that anymore if the CRL feature went away. In the past, before Oracle, Sun went to great pains to work on the common public NSS tree for these products. We certainly don't want to fork NSS again at this stage.

Julien