> I can't think of a single in-the-wild attack on Firefox that could have
> been fixed by flipping a pref, unless you count disabling Javascript
> entirely which people wouldn't accept.

Actually many would especially if noscript is not available.

I thought finally firefox had an easy flip switch like operas addable
to chrome toolbar option with the console (ctrl F2 is it) but it seems
it is currently broken and the main option has been removed from the
main menu too :-(

p.s. webgl, sockets, caches, dom_storage (dos)

other annoyances maybe ipv6, dns prefetching, page prefetching

detailed about:config type functionality is probably the main reason I
would say firefox and opera are better than the other widely used
browsers, especially chrome.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)