On 10/13/13 6:20 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Patrick Walton <pwal...@mozilla.com
<mailto:pwal...@mozilla.com>> wrote:

    * I foresee tricky synchronization problems to keep the DOM objects
    that proxied objects in workers refer to in sync with what's
    happening on the main thread. In Gecko (and Servo) layers can appear
    or vanish in response to various events that are main-thread-specific.

That's not a problem; the creation of an animation proxy would force
layerization of an element.

Didn't we resist allowing Web authors to force layerization in the past, out of fear that they would use it everywhere?

Patrick