On 10/8/14 10:51 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
You can get away with that for position:fixed, but I don't think you can
get away with that for overflow:auto/scroll. We find in Gecko many real
situations where scrolled content for a given scrollable container has
to be split into multiple layers because content from the container is
interspersed in z-order with content that's not scrolling.

Samples of such content would be really interesting to take a look at and make sure we handle.

In general our approach is functionally identical to WebKit's, so I suspect that whatever WebKit does we can just copy.

Patrick