Hi everyone! To my dismay, I have realized that the stack traces for automated crash reports cannot be trusted for the purposes of marking issues as duplicates or fixed by a more recent PR. This is not to say that the stacks are incorrect in any way, merely that the panic reported is not guaranteed to be the first panic that occurred. This means that a stack like the one in https://github.com/servo/servo/issues/12183 may appear to be solved by the changes in https://github.com/servo/servo/pull/12030, but that reported panic only occurred because some other thread panicked first.

Unfortunately, this means that the triage process is less straightforward than we might otherwise hope. Please avoid the temptation to close issues referring to unwrapping error values from sending or receiving over channels without reproducing the issue yourself - these always indicate a deeper problem that requires investigation first.

Cheers,
Josh