> So, got any good research papers on networking?

My undestanding is that I/O is the bottleneck for networking, not the
CPU. So research here tends to focus on elimination of network
requests, optimizations to solve overhead (pipelining, keepalive),
more efficient protocols, or better data compression.

I believe the existing browsers have the latest practical versions of
all of these things. I'm sure many improvements can be made, but we
haven't got a ready made list of avenues to explore as we did with
parallelizing previously sequential things.

jack.