I want to configure Firefox 1.5 to use my own PKCS11 provider as the default for all algorithms supported by my provider. I cannot appear to do this from the "Device Manager" dialog as that dialog has no way to set specify which algorithms should default to my library. The NSS utility modutil has the ability to install the p11 provider and configure which algorithms are default. Unfortunately modutil is not distributed with Firefox. When I got the v1.5 source tarball modutil source is there but I cannot get it to build. I tried several different binary releases NSS (3.9, 3.10,3.11) but in all cases modutil only allows specifying some algorithms as the default mechanisms. AES is not one of these so the internal NSS provider always ends up being the default.

Is there any other way to configure my provider as the default?