Hi Nelson,

> Another use of "public" and "private" involves the intentions of the
> software developers. In that sense, "public" means "the software developers
> intended for other people (other software) to use this symbol" and
> "private" means "the software developers intended for this symbol to be
> only used by NSS itself, internally, and did NOT intend for this symbol
> to be used by any code outside of NSS itself".

Right, this is what I meant by private as well. I understand the implications of
that, but I don't have a better solution at hand currently. I am
looking into doing a patch on the source code to have this function
call exported and a dll created.

> Wait. that error message doesn't mention sectool. It mentions secutil.lib. > You shouldn't be linking in secutil.lib. secutil.lib is part of nss3.dll.

> Now, what do these secutil issues have to do with sectool.lib?

These problems manifested themselves, when I included sectool along
with nss3 and secutil during the linking process.

Removing secutil from the list of linked libs helped (I only get a
warning about MSVCRT, but that's probably because sectool is compiled
differently (debug/release?) than nss3 (I haven't investigated that).

Thanks for all the help.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]