Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this topic. I am asking here rather than in the bug I need this information for because I hope it might be helpful to others in my situation. I searched the old newsgroup and this one for the information and nothing jumped out at me. If it's elsewhere, feel free to point me.

What is the official procedure for generating/applying a patch to NSS?

When I created the example patch I attached to the bug in question I just used the official NSS 3.11.2 sources that I extracted from a tarball downloaded from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/security/nss/releases/ and used diff on a linux system. The patch I have been asked to verify I attempted to apply to 3.11.2, 3.11.3, and 3.11 sources (using the patch command on a linux system) and over half of the changeblocks were rejected and when I began to manually apply the changes I see the code is organized diferently.

Should I be using CVS source for both creating and verifying a patch? Should I be using the patch command?

Dave