Wan-Teh Chang wrote:

None of the NSS developers cross-compiles NSS. (The closest thing we do to cross-compilation is to build the Windows CE binaries on Windows 2000/XP.) So we're not familiar with how the Mozilla developers cross-compile NSS.

I don't think many Mozilla developers cross-compile NSS either ;-) except perhaps Intel Mac -> PPC.

You'll see that the Mozilla developers override these make variables used by the NSS coreconf build system when cross-compiling NSS:

199 ifdef CROSS_COMPILE
200 DEFAULT_GMAKE_FLAGS += \
201         NSINSTALL="$(NSINSTALL)" \
202         NATIVE_CC="$(HOST_CC)" \
203         CC="$(CC)" \
204         CCC="$(CXX)" \
205         LINK="$(LD)" \
206         AS="$(AS)" \
207         AR='$(AR) $(AR_FLAGS:[EMAIL PROTECTED]@)' \
208         RANLIB="$(RANLIB)" \
209         RC="$(RC) $(RCFLAGS)" \
210         OS_ARCH="$(OS_ARCH)" \
211         CPU_ARCH="$(TARGET_CPU)" \
212         $(NULL)
213 SKIP_CHK=1
214 endif

Yes, and this is the cause of the third issue in my original post :-( I wonder why NSS uses LINK instead of LD?

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.