Wan-Teh Chang wrote:

>> I can point you to the relevant Mozilla makefile:
>> http://lxr.mozilla.org/security/source/security/manager/Makefile.in#199
>>
>> You'll see that the Mozilla developers override these make variables
>> used by the NSS coreconf build system when cross-compiling NSS:
>>
>> 199 ifdef CROSS_COMPILE
>> 200 DEFAULT_GMAKE_FLAGS += \
>> 201         NSINSTALL="$(NSINSTALL)" \
>> 202         NATIVE_CC="$(HOST_CC)" \
>> 203         CC="$(CC)" \
>> 204         CCC="$(CXX)" \
>> 205         LINK="$(LD)" \
>> 206         AS="$(AS)" \
>> 207         AR='$(AR) $(AR_FLAGS:[EMAIL PROTECTED]@)' \
>> 208         RANLIB="$(RANLIB)" \
>> 209         RC="$(RC) $(RCFLAGS)" \
>> 210         OS_ARCH="$(OS_ARCH)" \
>> 211         CPU_ARCH="$(TARGET_CPU)" \
>> 212         $(NULL)
>> 213 SKIP_CHK=1
>> 214 endif

Neil then asked:

> So, the fact that AR='$(AR) $(AR_FLAGS:[EMAIL PROTECTED]@)' doesn't work is a
> Mozilla bug rather than an NSS bug?

Yes.  It is a bug in a source file that is not part of NSS, but is
part of mozilla.  Ergo, it is not an NSS bug.

I believe that the code in security/manager is part of PSM.
PSM stands for Personal Security Manager.  That's the manager in
security/manager.

NSS code is (mostly) in security/nss. Also, NSS shares security/coreconf
with JSS (and maybe other components I'm forgetting).

> Which component would I need to file it under?

PSM bugs get filed in product "core", component "security:PSM"

But it is a Makefile, and so is also eligible to be filed as a
build component bug (as Wan-Teh suggested).

I don't know which of those components will get you a response sooner.