David E. Ross wrote:
> See <http://nvd.nist.gov/nvd.cfm?cvename=CVE-2008-0166>.  Discussion of
> this at the Risks Forum 25.15 indicates that "All SSL and SSH keys
> generated on Debian-based systems (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, etc) between
> September 2006 and May 13th, 2008 may be affected."   See "Debian
> OpenSSL Predictable PRNG Toys" and "Debian OpenSSL Vulnerability" at
> <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.15.html>.
>
> The recommendation is that all affected root certificates be revoked and
> replaced.  The question is whether any of the root certificates
> installed in the past two years or are approved or under review are
> affected.

I presume that by "affected root certificates" you mean "root
certificates with key pairs generated using OpenSSL on Debian-based
systems", correct? The only CA I can think of that would possibly be in
this situation is CAcert, and of course it's not even applying for
inclusion at this point. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't imagine any
commercial CAs are using OpenSSL for CA functions -- but in any case we
can certainly ask CAs about this. Could you please file a bug on this
against mozilla.org / CA certificates and assign it to me?

Frank

--
Frank Hecker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]