rainer_k wrote:

> If this is such a serious concern, why did Microsoft decicde to put
> this CA inside the Windows
> CA store and even distribute this via automatic update?

I don't think "but Microsoft did it" is, in general, a convincing
argument when it comes to good security practice.

> The comment today that Cologne University (one of Germanys largest)
> recommends IE as
> standard browser just because of this CA question shows that this
> issue must be resolved immediately!

No, I think following an established process to safeguard the
security/trust of 180+ million Firefox users is the important issue.
It's unfortunate that it can take so long to process new requests, but
neither should we hastily rush to rubberstamp anyone who knocks on the door.

Justin