On 11/22/2008 12:12 PM, Anders Rundgren:
Enrolment issues? Skype does this without the user having to know what a
certificate is.

LOL! And nobody knows what those keys are, nor if it's authentic and who else can listen and decrypt. Who controls what exactly? Does the user has control over his key(s)? I don't....do you?

Skype's encryption is security theater at best! :-) Did Skype ever disclose what it does, what their infrastructure looks like, what kind of encryption is in force and most important, why the user doesn't control his supposedly own private key(s)?

I suggest to treat Skype's encryption or any similar scheme as plain text.

Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog:   https://blog.startcom.org