On 12/24/2008 01:10 AM, Where Wolf:
On Dec 23, 5:51 pm, "Kyle Hamilton"<aerow...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I believe that Startcom (and other certification authorites in
Mozilla's root program) would likely have cause to bring an action for
the tort of negligence against Mozilla.  I feel that this is something
that Mozilla should likely ask its general counsel very quickly.

Apart from the legal and procedural ramifications of all this, can you
guys publish a manual procedure for those of us who want to remove
Comodo's certificates from our browser installations? Assuming one is
available?

Select Preferences -> Advanced -> View Certificates -> Authorities. Search for AddTrust AB -> AddTrust External CA Root and click "Edit". Remove all Flags.

This would remove the trust from the potentially affected sites and their certificates. Comodo has many more roots if you are interested, such as all AddTrust, Comodo CA Limited, The Usertrust Network.

Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber: start...@startcom.org
Blog:   https://blog.startcom.org