On 01/01/2009 05:57 PM, Ben Bucksch:

FWIW:

On 31.12.2008 15:47, Eddy Nigg wrote:
EV is clearly maximum
No. EV is what I always expected all certs to be. It's really the
minimum.

Ohooommm, whatever the minimum validation requirements for EV are, is now the industry's maximum requirements. Not saying that EV is any less than that, but I can't see how CAs are going to do anything more than what the guidelines require, hence I said it's the maximum. It's just a realists point of view and not what one might expect.

Except in case something more stringent comes into place at some point. I wouldn't expect that really.

Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber: start...@startcom.org
Blog:   https://blog.startcom.org