* Ben Bucksch:

> On 03.01.2009 15:54, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> The EV process does not verify ... that it is the legal entity which
>> controls the domain name mentioned in the Common Name field.
>
> Are you saying that Fluff, Inc. could get a cert for mozilla.org,
> assuming Fluff, Inc reveal its legal identity?

Yes, that's the essence.

s/Fluff/Mozilla Corporation/ and s/mozilla.org/addons.mozilla.org/,
and you've got a real example (I don't think addons.mozilla.org is an
asset of Mozilla Corporation).  If necessary, I can provide a better
one (I don't want to burn it at this stage if I can avoid it, though
8-).