Eddy Nigg wrote, On 2009-01-03 11:03:
> On 01/03/2009 09:03 PM, Nelson B Bolyard:
>> I hate to say it, but it's possible for the browser user to change those
>> values without either (a) modifying the browser or (b) using some proxy
>> tool.
>
> I don't know another way, but I'm glad to learn how.

It's pretty easy to alter a downloaded form by saving the page containing
that form to a local file (File->Save Page as), then edit the file, then
use a file:// URL to visit the edited file and continue the session with
the edited form.  There are countermeasures and counter-counter measures
to this sort of thing.  There are still other ways to achieve this.