2009/3/20 John D <cono...@gmail.com>:

> I have attempted this to the result of

> [Switching to Thread -1810576496 (LWP 3177)]
> 0xb79e6547 in NSSSSL_VersionCheck () from /usr/lib/libssl3.so.1d
> (gdb) where
> #0  0xb79e6547 in NSSSSL_VersionCheck () from /usr/lib/libssl3.so.1d
> #1  0xb79e212d in SSL_GetStatistics () from /usr/lib/libssl3.so.1d

I believe your program did receive SIGPIPE, which was reported
by gdb but ignored by your program because of the sigaction call.
(gdb reports all signals received.)

Then your program received SIGSEGV and crashed.  So we
should now track down what caused the segmentation fault.
Again, I would not trust the SSL_GetStatistics and NSSSSL_VersionCheck
function names in the stack trace because of the lack of debug
symbols for /usr/lib/libssl3.so.1d.  I suggest that you build
debug versions of NSPR and NSS libraries and use them
with your program to get a stack trace with useful debug info.

You can build NSPR and NSS libraries by following the NSS
build instructions at
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/NSS_reference/Building_and_installing_NSS/Build_instructions

You should only need to set the CVSROOT environment
variable, and USE_64=1 if you build 64-bit x86_64 binaries.

When the build completes, the NSPR and NSS libraries will
reside in the .../mozilla/dist/Linux2.6....DBG.OBJ/lib directory
in your NSS build tree.

You can just add the .../mozilla/dist/Linux2.6....DBG.OBJ/lib
directory from your NSS build tree to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable, and then run your program to reproduce
the crash.

Wan-Teh