On 2010-04-11 22:36 PST, Kurt Seifried wrote:
>> Kurt,  I suggest you try posting this again, without the image, but WITH
>> the certificate that caused Certificate Patrol to complain.  As it is,
>> there's no information in this posting with which anyone can help you.
>
> That would be the PEM file I placed in the directory.
>
> https://www.seifried.org/tmp/certificate-patrol/easyweb36x.tdcanadatrust.com.pem

That certificate contains two dates, both encoded as "UTC Time" fields.
Both are strings.  The strings are:

100315000000Z
110419235959Z     which are of the form
yymmddhhmmssZONE

UTC Time fields have only a 2 digit year.
IIRC, numbers less than 50 are presumed to be nn+2000 and
   numbers greater than 49 are presumed to be nn+1900.

So, those dates above are 2010-03-15 00:00:00 UTC and
                          2011-04-19 23:59:59 UTC.
I'm pretty sure Mozilla software handles that just fine.
Evidently that add-on can't handle them. :-/

There is another preferred syntax for dates in certificates, known as the
GeneralizedTime.  Its format is ccyymmddhhmmssZONE.  It MUST be used to
represent dates past 2049 or before 1950.

>> So, it sounds like this is not a complaint about any Mozilla software,
>> e.g. Firefox or Thunderbird, but rather a complaint about an add-on named
>> Certificate Patrol (of which I'd never heard before reading your message).
>> If so, I suspect this mailing list/newsgroup is the wrong place for your
>> complaint.  The people who run the addons server don't participate in this
>> list/newsgroup.
>
> Right but I can't find any contact info for certificate patrol and I
> figured if anyone knew about it, they're probably on this list. That
> and I couldn't find an add-ons mailing list (how does on get on
> contact with them?). The word "contact" doesn't occur at
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ and so on.

Maybe you should take that up on mozilla.governance.

> If you know how to contact the add-ons people that'd be nice to know.

Alas, I don't. Sorry.  Some people who develop addons hang out in
mozilla.dev.extensions.  Maybe the people who run addons.m.o are there, too.