On 16.09.2010 15:28, David Stutzman wrote:
> I've installed the latest mozilla-build, VS2008 Express SP1, the latest
> windows SDK (7.1) and I'm just not getting too far in this process.
> Linux is sooooo much easier!
>
> I start up the shell with the start-msvc8-x64.bat script, which doesn't
> seem to do/be anything different from start-msvc8.bat.

For Visual Studio 2008, you should use start-msvc9-x64.bat.

> but there's no mozconfig file that I can find to alter the host and target.

Right, if you just want to compile NSS (and NSPR), then that's not
needed. Simply add USE_64=1 to the nss_build_all make command (which you
already did, from what I gather from the NSPR configure command).

Out of curiosity, I just gave it a try with VC 2005, and the build went
pretty smooth... a few more warnings than usual in the output (compared
to a 32-bit build), but the binaries at least seem to load :-)

Kaspar