So apparently we have MSDN and I installed a copy of VS2010 Premium this morning and first run through it built NSS in 64 bit no trouble. It seems it targeted Win 5.2 (Vista?)

I'm thinking my issue is that the express versions of VS don't have the 64-bit compilers. The Windows/Platform SDK can install them but mozilla-build doesn't appear to be expecting/accounting for that. I may have hacked the paths to point to the 64bit compiler but I'm guessing there was a lot of other stuff that wasn't where it was supposed to be as well.

BTW, I *was* using start-msvc9-x64, not 8...just copied and pasted the wrong file name for the email.

And the reason I wanted 64bit NSS is to use it with 64bit Java. I'm the "get NSS working with ECC" guy so I have to fight with building it on the different platforms we need.

I'm going to crawl back into my Java cocoon now...

Thanks,
Dave