On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:22 PM,  <cl...@jhcloos.com> wrote:
> In case anyone is keeping a list, while helping a relative I determined
> that timewarnercable.com's login server (wayfarer.timewarnercable.com)
> will not work with tls 1.1 or 1.2.  The connection fails after the client
> right after the client hello.
>
> I had to set security.tls.version.max to 1 to get ff (26) or sm (2.23)
> to get her (relevant) profile to log in to their site.

Hi,

What is the value of security.tls.version.min? It should have the
default value of "0". If not, could you please try again with
security.tls.version.min=0 and security.tls.version.max=3?

Also, could you try with Firefox 27 beta? Firefox 27 is supposed to be
released next week. The link to the beta version is here:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/beta/

When I try with Firefox Nightly, I find that we do fail to negotiate
TLS 1.2 and then we try TLS 1.1 and fail at that. But then we retry
with TLS 1.0 and that succeeds. I am curious why that is not happening
for you with Firefox 26, since Firefox 26 should have the retry logic
in it already.

Thank you very much for your help with this!

Cheers,
Brian