On Do, 2014-05-08 at 19:03 +0530, radiatejava wrote:
> I am using NSS db and utility to maintain certificates for a web
> server. I am facing an issue, please go through the steps I am
> listing. Can anyone explain why I am getting 'u' attr for certificate
> with ca-3 alias even though I did not provide this attribute while
> adding it.

The 'u' attribute means 'user owned', that certutil is able to see a
private key along with the certificate.

> This is creating problem for me - CA signed cert with
> tomcat is not considered as the server certificate but the one with
> ca-3 is being considered.

Too few details to answer this question. I don't know why your
certificate is not accepted as a server certificate by the tomcat
software.

You could post the contents of the certificate, and explain how you
exported the certificate from NSS.

To view a dump of a certificate using certutil, use:
certutil -d directory -L -n nickname-of-the-server-certificate

Kai