I dislike this proposal.  (a) A lot of the code I work with already have
fields-at-the-beginning as the predominant pattern in the smaller classes
(jit, wasm) so this would be major churn for no gain.  (b) For large
classes this is an anti-pattern, like having all the vars at the beginning
of a function in C; it separates the data from the functions that work on
that data.  (c)  It brings private and public parts of the code close
together, and separates public data from public methods.

--lars