Heh. I find the bug argument unconvincing. It's true that the always-brace style is slightly less error-prone, but since this is only used for very short clauses it seems like a very minor win in practice, and much less significant to my eye than the benefits in evening out the code density. I find the braceless style much more readable overall -- braces add a whole bunch of visual white space that makes it harder to parse out the logical groupings of code within a function body.

And yet, I vote "yes", because I find the consistency argument even more convincing.

(I'd prefer Gecko to lose the braces, but that's not going to happen.)

I started out always bracing, by the way, but was won over to braceless style through exposure to spidermonkey code. At least for 'if' statements, anyway -- my personal leaning would be to always brace loops. :-/