Trying the triage buddy approach sounds good to me, fwiw.

Related to that, should we try to do something like what the build team does for reviews?

In particular, I notice that some of my patches can be reviewed by whoever gets there first. Right now I need to choose a reviewer, which may be more or less backlogged with other duties.

The build team has a bugzilla user they all watch and that acts as a queue of "reviews to be done by build peers". That way there's no single build peer overbooked with reviews while others may be more idle and equally qualified to review a given patch.

We could consider doing the same for layout. Of course if a patch should definitely be reviewed by a given person, it's better to tag that specific person. But for patches like cleanups / dead code removals / etc, it may work better this way.

What do people think about this?

 -- Emilio