Apologies for top-posting, but here is the first public working-draft of the
W3C manifest spec:

http://w3c.github.io/manifest/

I expect lots to change over the coming weeks.

If people want to take part in the discussion, a bunch of us are working on it
on the W3C IRC server (irc.w3.org:6665#manifest).

Otherwise, repo is here:
https://github.com/w3c/manifest

Please file any bugs or issues there. Pull requests welcome.

Kind regards,
Marcos

--
Marcos Caceres