Howdy,
Working with a partner, the question came up:

"I'd like to move the manifest to our CDN to avoid this, but it looks like the
manifest format requires the same-origin for the manifest[1]. Our CDN serves
static files with the access-control-allow-origin header-do you know if the
manifest supports this, by any chance?"

Also, my response:

"My first thought is that changing the URL of an manifest, changes the identity
of the application. Users will have to re-install and will have two apps on
their homescreen.

Atleast this would be true for Firefox for Android."

Can anyone answer the first question or add to my answer?

thanks,
ozten