From: William Slacum [mailto:wilhelm.von.cl...@accumulo.net]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 7:13 PM
To: dev@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

I'd like to see:

- Data triggers on insertion
- REST interface for looking up ranges of keys
- A DSL or some other interpreted language for crafting iterators
  - there's the clojure iterator, but something like python (via jython) or
javascript (via rhino) would be more adoptable
- Adding a clean up hook to iterators
- Allowing iterators to launch connections to other services (caching, other
tservers) to retrieve or write data
- Merging of the batch scanner and scanner implementations
  - a batch scanner with 1 thread have the same behavior as a scanner
  - scanners have a close() method on them
- Adding some builder interface for creating and introspecting iterator
stacks
- Clients being able to scan to specific keys using the scan command